Newcomers Info

Campbell Countians are particularly interested in maintaining the quality of life that is unique to the small community atmosphere. They want to keep the appeal of a nice, quiet, rural environment with urban amenities. A variety of housing is available including old farmhouses, quaint Victorian era homes, modern convenient homes and apartments.

Obtaining a Tennessee Driver's License

New residents holding a valid out-of-state driver's license must obtain a Tennessee driver's license no later than thirty (30) days after establishing residency. All out-of-state driver's licenses must be surrendered. Tennessee law does not allow a resident of this state to hold more than one valid license. New, residents must provide two (2) proofs of Tennessee residence address.

If a new resident brings a valid out-of-state driver's license (or a certified driving record from that state showing the license has not expired), only the vision test is required, unless otherwise deemed necessary by the examiner, however, if the license has expired over six (6) months all tests are required.

New residents from other countries are required to take full tests- vision, knowledge, and road tests. They are allowed to keep their license issued by the other country.
Local office phone: (423) 566-9638 or Tennessee Web Site


To Title and Register Your Vehicle

Bring your current registration and certificate of title to our County Court Clerk’s offices which are located in the Campbell County Courthouse, Jacksboro and the County Services Office in Jellico. Your application for a Tennessee Certificate of Title will serve as the ownership document and registration until the new certificate of title is mailed to you or your lien holder. You will receive a tag and a new Tennessee title for a fee of $67 dollars for the first year. Afterwards, the fee will be $59.00 dollars per year.
Phone: (423) 562-4985 or Tennessee Web Site


To Obtain A Marriage License

Marriage Licenses may be obtained at the County Court Clerk’s Offices which are located in the Campbell County Courthouse, Jacksboro and the County Services Office in Jellico. You must be eighteen (18) years of age and have a valid driver’s license. You can choose to receive four (4) hours of marriage counseling and pay only $45.00 dollars for the license or you may choose not to get the counseling and pay $105.00 dollars.
Phone: (423) 562-4985 or Campbell County


Securing A Business License

Business Licenses are available at the County Court Clerk’s Offices in Jacksboro and Jellico for a fee of $20.00 dollars for the first year. Afterwards, the fee is based on total gross sales. With the exception of non-profits and professional health care providers, all businesses are required to purchase a license.
Phone: (423) 562-4985 or Campbell County


To Register To Vote

Now you can save time by registering to vote at the same time you are applying for or renewing your driver’s license at your motor vehicle office. You may also secure a mail-in voter registration form at the Public Library, Post Office, County Clerk’s Office, or Register of Deed’s Office. You may also register in person at our local voter registration office which is adjacent to the Campbell County Courthouse, Jacksboro.
Phone: (423) 562-9777 or Campbell County


To Apply For Handicapped Parking License or Placard

Contact the County Court Clerk’s Office at 195 Kentucky Street, P. O. Box 13, Jacksboro, TN 37757. Call for information and costs. Phone: (423) 562-4985 or Campbell County

Public Housing

  • Caryville Public Housing 311 Elkins Road, Jacksboro, TN 37757, (423) 562-8330   
  • Jacksboro Public Housing 165 East Street, Jacksboro, TN 37757, (423) 562-2261  
  •  Jellico Housing Authority 189 South Main Street, Jellico, TN 37762, (423) 784-8809   
  • Jellico Towers 222 Broad Street, Jellico, TN 37762, (423) 784-0102   
  • LaFollette Housing Authority P. O. Box 392, LaFollette, TN 37766, (423) 562-2261